A delivery system and three vendors have recently announced new health information technology applications for mobile computing devices. They include:
* Carolinas HealthCare System in Charlotte, N.C., has introduced CMC Health, its first mobile app. It enables consumers to find a location within the delivery system and get contact information and GPS directions, check wait times, and search for a physician by name, specialty, practice, ZIP code and keywords. The delivery system this fall will launch an expanded version to support its women's health program.
* Healthcare Blue Book has a free iPhone app that provides treatment price information to consumers. An enhanced app that employers can purchase lets their employees search for in-network providers who offer the best value. "There is no reason a patient should pay $3,500 for an MRI when you can get the same quality test for $700 at another location," says Jeffrey Rice, M.D., CEO at Healthcare Blue Book. The apps are available at the Apple App Store.
* Greenway Medical Technologies has launched a new PrimeMOBILE app for the iPad and iPad 2 to access the vendor's practice management, electronic health record and health information exchange systems. The company issued an app for the iPhone last year and plans an Android version this fall.
* Intelligent Medical Objects now has its IMO Problem and IMO Procedure terminologies available on iPhone and iPad applications. The company's terminology products have been available as embedded components in electronic health records systems from Allscripts, Cerner, Epic, Greenway and NextGen, among others, as well as via a Web portal. The mobile and EHR-accessed terminologies support ICD-9-CM, CPT, SNOMED CT, HCPCS, RxNorm, ICD-10-CA and ICD-10 WHO. The company in October will release ICD-10-CM for EHRs and mobile devices
HDM Breaking News, September 6, 2011
- HIPAA Privacy Rule Changes on the Horizon
- Meaningful Use Deadline Nears for Eligible Profess...
- CHIME: Slow Down on Tying Metadata to Meaningful U...
- More EHR Meaningful Use Certifications Announced
- Study: CPOE Requirements in MU Stages 2 and 3 May ...
- Privacy, EHR Policy Changes Coming in Federal Heal...
- New Patient Access Rights Will Challenge HIM Depar...
- What's the Best Strategy for Financing EHRs?
- Sharing the Lessons of Meaningful Use
- Athenahealth Dashboard Tracks MU Progress, Issues
- Certifiers Add to List of EHR Products Supporting ...
- Providers, Vendors Ramp Up Mobile Apps
- CMS Issues Final Medicare E-Prescribing Rule
- September 9th Medicare & Medicaid EHR Incentive Pr...
- ▼ September (14)
- ► 2010 (34)