The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services reminds physicians and other non-hospital providers that Oct. 3 is the last day for eligible professionals to begin their 90-day reporting period for the first year of Stage 1 electronic health records meaningful use incentive payments.
The reporting year for eligible professionals ends on Dec. 31, and Feb. 29, 2012, is the last day for eligible professionals to register and attest to receive an incentive payment for calendar year 2011. CMS encourages early registration and not waiting until ready to attest in case problems arise during the registration process.
The hospital meaningful use program runs on the federal fiscal year and Nov. 30 is the last data to register and attest to receive an incentive payment for FY 2011.
HDM Breaking News, September 26, 2011
- HIPAA Privacy Rule Changes on the Horizon
- Meaningful Use Deadline Nears for Eligible Profess...
- CHIME: Slow Down on Tying Metadata to Meaningful U...
- More EHR Meaningful Use Certifications Announced
- Study: CPOE Requirements in MU Stages 2 and 3 May ...
- Privacy, EHR Policy Changes Coming in Federal Heal...
- New Patient Access Rights Will Challenge HIM Depar...
- What's the Best Strategy for Financing EHRs?
- Sharing the Lessons of Meaningful Use
- Athenahealth Dashboard Tracks MU Progress, Issues
- Certifiers Add to List of EHR Products Supporting ...
- Providers, Vendors Ramp Up Mobile Apps
- CMS Issues Final Medicare E-Prescribing Rule
- September 9th Medicare & Medicaid EHR Incentive Pr...
- ▼ September (14)
- ► 2010 (34)