Physician software and billing services vendor athenahealth Inc. has introduced an online dashboard that clients using its electronic health records system--and users of other EHR systems--can use to assess the progress athenahealth users are making in meeting EHR meaningful use requirements.
The publicly available dashboard looks at athenahealth's entire national client base against all meaningful use measures for eligible professionals, and is designed to enable clients, prospects, policymakers and others see apples to apples data on how thousands of physicians are doing on each measure, according to the company.
Currently, 11 percent of athenahealth physician clients participating in meaningful use have attested to Medicare requirements, and 63.3 percent are two or fewer measures away from being ready to attest.
The dashboard gives data--updated bi-weekly--on physicians' performance on each meaningful use measure. For instance, the dashboard has found that meeting the measure to provide a clinical summary of an office visit within three business days of the visit is especially difficult to meet because of required behavior and workflow changes.
The dashboard is available at: athenahealth.com/hitech
HDM Breaking News, September 8, 2011
- HIPAA Privacy Rule Changes on the Horizon
- Meaningful Use Deadline Nears for Eligible Profess...
- CHIME: Slow Down on Tying Metadata to Meaningful U...
- More EHR Meaningful Use Certifications Announced
- Study: CPOE Requirements in MU Stages 2 and 3 May ...
- Privacy, EHR Policy Changes Coming in Federal Heal...
- New Patient Access Rights Will Challenge HIM Depar...
- What's the Best Strategy for Financing EHRs?
- Sharing the Lessons of Meaningful Use
- Athenahealth Dashboard Tracks MU Progress, Issues
- Certifiers Add to List of EHR Products Supporting ...
- Providers, Vendors Ramp Up Mobile Apps
- CMS Issues Final Medicare E-Prescribing Rule
- September 9th Medicare & Medicaid EHR Incentive Pr...
- ▼ September (14)
- ► 2010 (34)