On April 8, 2011, Department of Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius named Farzad Mostashari, M.D., ScM., as the new national coordinator for health information technology, effective immediately. Prior to his appointment, Mostashari was the ONC's deputy national coordinator for programs and policy. Prior to joining the ONC, he was the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene assistant commissioner for the Primary Care Information Project.
In February, Blumenthal announced he would resign from his position as national coordinator and return to his position at Harvard Medical School. President Obama appointed Blumenthal National Coordinator in 2009.
McGuire Woods LLP Healthcare Group
- MU Lesson: Watch Data Capture
- CMS Attestation Calls in May
- Meaningful User: Attestation Easy, Registration No...
- Calculator Grades MU Before Attestation
- CMS Gives Attestation Insights
- Medicare EHR Incentive Program Attestation Begins ...
- Budget Deal Appears to Spare HITECH
- CMS Speaker to Explain Meaningful Use Attestation
- Interoperability 101
- Farzad Mostashari Named New National Coordinator
- ONC Seeks Public Comment on the Federal Health IT ...
- MGMA study of EHRs shows optimization, meaningful ...
- Summary of MGMA EHR Survey
- Certified EHR List
- Medicaid EHR Incentive Registration User Guide
- Medicaid Incentive Program Registration for EPs - ...
- ▼ April (16)
- ► 2010 (34)