HDM Breaking News, March 24, 2011
From the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services comes a list of important dates in the electronic health records meaningful use program during the rest of 2011:
April 2011: Attestation for Medicare MU begins.
May 2011: The first Medicare MU incentive payments begin.
July 3: Last day for eligible hospitals to begin their 90-day reporting period during federal fiscal year 2011 to demonstrate Medicare MU.
Sept. 30: The federal fiscal year ends, as does the reporting year for hospitals.
Oct. 1: Last day for eligible professionals to begin their 90-day reporting period for calendar year 2011.
Nov. 30: Last day for eligible hospitals to register and attest to receive an incentive payment for federal fiscal year 2011.
Dec. 31: The 2011 calendar reporting year ends for eligible professionals.
Feb. 29, 2012: Last day for eligible professionals to register and attest to receive an incentive payment for calendar year 2011.
A lot more information on the EHR meaningful use programs is available at cms.gov/EHRIncentivePrograms.
- Virginia Society Guides Docs Toward MU
- ONC Issues Five-Year HIT Strategic Plan
- Medicare Attestation Begins on April 18. Are You R...
- CMS to Host Meaningful Use Calls
- Important Meaningful Use Dates for 2011
- Four EHRs Get MU-Certified
- Feds Add, Update Meaningful Use FAQs
- Bill Would Extend MU to Mental Health Pros
- Board Tracks MU Compliance Status
- More EHRs Get MU-Certified
- Medical Societies Comment on Stage 2
- CCHIT Survey: Stage 2 Too Aggressive
- From the Chair: Meaningful Use Stages Two and Thre...
- Vendors: Stage 2 Timeline is Worrisome
- Report: EHR Growth is Spiking
- ▼ March (15)
- ► 2010 (34)